As customers of Chokoleti, I may hold some information about you, your name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
Under EU-GDPR data protection legislation, we are required to explain to you why we collect information about you, how we intend to use that information and whether we will share your information with anyone else.
This statement applies to customers, users of our website and those who wish to receive marketing information from us. Please read this statement carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This statement tells you how personal information which we collect from you, or which you provide to us, will be processed by us.
This statement relates to information collected from you through your use of our website www.chokoleti.co.uk. It also relates to information which we collect from you over the telephone or if you contact us in writing.
Please do not use our site or purchase any products unless you agree with this policy.
This statement does not form part of any contract to provide services. We may update this statement at any time.
It is important that you inform us of any changes to your personal information which we hold so that the information which we hold is accurate and current.
WHY ARE WE COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION?
The information that you provide to us is required in order for us to:
Fulfill your orders for products with us;
Provide you with offers and marketing information about products in which you may be interested;
For our monitoring of the use of our website by users;
For profiling purposes so we can better tailor our site’s content to users’ browsing behaviour;
For the purpose of keeping our stores secure; and
To conduct customer surveys in relation to our products and services
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE USE
We are collecting information about you in order to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘Why are we collecting your information?’). This includes:
- Personal details and payment
- Personal details (such as name, gender and date of birth);
- Contact details (such as your address, phone number and email address);
- Payment information (such as payment methods, billing address details and other information related to payment. Please note Chokoleti do not retain or store credit card, debit card or other confidential payment information);
- Website use and communications
- Details of any contact with our support or customer services teams (such as a record of your correspondence with us or recorded telephone conversations);
- Details of your visits to our site;
- Information about your use of our information and communications systems;
- Browser information and online identifiers (such as your browser types, browser version host operating system, browser language and your IP address); and
- Details of any agreement or objection to receiving marketing information from us.
COMPLYING WITH DATA PROTECTION LAW
We will comply with data protection law. At the heart of data protection laws are the “data protection principles” which say that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
- Kept securely.